Monday, June 14, 2010

Strawberry and Buttermilk Pancake Breakfast.

I had some buttermilk in the fridge that was about to go bad,so I whipped up some pancakes. These are super easy and so yummy. The buttermilk smells a little bad though, wasnt sure I was gonna be able to use it. It calls for a quart of it.

Well they did turn out.

I cut up some strawberries, drizzled Strawberry syrup on them, as I cant stand Maple syrup so I have to keep fruit syrup in the house.  Then topped off with whipped cream. It was so good! I had a very happy family that day. I guess I should make breakfast everyday.

Here is the recipe for you. I got this one from Tasty Kitchen:

3 cups Flour

1 teaspoon Baking Soda

1 teaspoon Baking Powder

1 teaspoon Salt

1 teaspoon Sugar

3 whole Eggs

2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil

1 quart Buttermilk

Preparation Instructions
Mix all ingredients together well. Add whatever extras (blueberries, bananas, whatever sounds good) at this point.
Heat up your pancake skillet on medium heat. Pour pancake sized amounts of the batter onto your hot skillet and cook until done (flipping once the bottom is done – you know – like you normally cook pancakes).

No comments:

Post a Comment